We’ve designed a 5 day barbering course to help you develop your career and make you an indispensible make-up artist. We know that being a skilled hair stylist can be a deal breaker for a job in film, TV, stage and fashion. With this specialist barbering course, you can now add male grooming to your already highly sought-after skills.
As our recent blog shows, this is the kind of course to help you take advantage of the industry-wide opportunities that exist for make-up artists with barbering skills: from working with TV presenters and drama continuity, to individual performers and supporting artists in film, fashion and music. Maybe you have private clients or specialise in weddings…
There’s little doubt that this 5 day barbering course will boost your income!
KEY SKILLS TO MATCH YOUR PROFESSIONAL NEEDS
Working on training heads and real models, you’ll take away these key skills from your 5 day barbering course:
- How to improve your speed and efficiency
- Necessary equipment guide and maintenance
- Client consultation – putting actors and private clients at ease and gaining their confidence
- Cutting hair based on individual bone structure
- Using scissors and clippers
- Working with different hair types (eg curly) and conditions (eg receding hairlines)
- Fading and blending techniques
- Simple hair tidy – neck fluff, ears, eyebrows
- Facial hair trim – full beards, stubble, moustaches, sideburns
- Cutting longer hair
- Styling and finishing techniques
YOUR TUTOR IS RICHARD JONES
Richard Jones has been a successful barber for over 20 years and currently owns 2 shops. A well-respected barber and educator, Richard regularly runs workshops at Brushstroke. As your tutor on this 5 day barbering course, you’ll benefit from his proven skills as a professional barber, as well as his knowledge about the latest trends on the high street and specific needs of the entertainment industry.
There are places for just 10 students on our 5 day barbering course. This is to ensure you receive 1-2-1 tutoring.
- The date: 21-25 January 2019
- Fee: £1,000 for 5 days (all equipment is provided, including training block, brushes, combs)
- Secure your place: £250 deposit (balance of fee by 18 January 2019)