ITEC Level 3
Makeup & Hair Diploma Course
Private Training Academy
Our Short module courses comprises the 7-Month Course
Enrolling now for Longcross Academy Starting 16 September 2024 and Elstree Academy 14 October 2024
Showing prospective students around (including school holidays) for enrolment in 2024 & 2025. The 2-year BTEC Make up & Hair Course starts 23 September 2024 at Elstree Studios & 30 September 2024 at Longcross Studios.
About the Course
The 7-month Make-up and Hair Course covers the fundamental skills you will need to work as a professional hair and make-up artist in film, TV, Stage, and Fashion. Over the course of the 7 months, you will learn a broad range of topics which include, period make-up and hair, make-up special effects, wig knotting, basic haircutting and styling, airbrushing, bridal and fashion make-up, and hair.
This practically based course encompasses the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Fashion, Theatre and Media Make-up which is recognised by employers worldwide and ideal for overseas students.
The course runs continuously over 7months, rather than according to academic term times. It has been designed to fit the shorter time scale needs of people who are looking to make career changes or those with family commitments, who still want the reassurance of relevant and professional training. It is also suitable for those wishing to refresh and update their skills. (See modules) Previous experience is not a requirement.
At the start of the course, you will receive a complimentary make-up and hair kit which contains the essential products and equipment you will need to get you started. There is an additional list of items that you will be required to purchase before starting the course. Thereafter, all necessary consumables, products, and equipment will be supplied.
On successful completion of this course, students may wish to progress on to the 1-year Hairdressing and Barbering Course: VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Women’s and Men’s Hairdressing.
Please note: This course offers a condensed method of training in comparison to the comprehensive syllabus of the 2-year Make-up and Hair Academy Course: BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Production Arts- Make-up.
Full time practical training within a film studio
7 Month Course Fees
Fees: Deposit + 4 instalments of £2,250
7-Month Course Details and Start Dates
Qualification: ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Fashion, Theatre, and Media Make-Up
Duration: 7 months
Longcross Course Dates:
2024: 16 September 2024 to 17 April 2025
2025: 15 September 2025 to 16 April 2025
Elstree Course Dates:
2024: 14 October 2024 to 15 May 2025
Students may be required to attend 6* Fridays for ITEC preparation classes
Fees: Deposit £2,000 followed by four instalments of £2,250
Interest-free payment plans are available on all our full-time BTEC and ITEC courses.
You will NOT be required to pay the full fees before the start of the course.
A deposit is required to secure your place, followed by the remaining balance divided into termly payments or instalments spread over the duration of the course.
Included: Brushstroke Make-Up and Hair Kit
Excluded: Make-up brushes, Exam fee, Photographer’s fee (portfolio) and additional equipment (see list)
7 Month Makeup Course Syllabus
Below are the course modules for our 7 Month ITEC Level 3 Diploma. Please note that the order of the modules can be subject to change.
Module A – Media Makeup and Hair (12 Weeks)
- Basic makeup and hair techniques for film, TV and stage
- Period Makeup and Hair, focusing on one iconic look for each period.
- Working on each other and using real hair lace wigs, human hair and training heads
- Theatrical Makeup and Hair
- Camouflage make-up including covering tattoos and balancing skin tone
- Business Skills – continuity, script breakdown, budgeting and CV writing
Module B – Special Effects Makeup (2 Weeks)
Directly applied make-up special effects techniques using a range of specialist products and flat moulds to create a variety of realistic wounds and injuries.
Module C – Airbrushing and Editorial Techniques (1 Week)
- Spray brush control and technique including full make-up application
- Colour matching, highlighting, contouring, concealing and correcting
- Maintenance and cleaning of compressor and spray brush
Module D – Fashion Makeup and Hair (8 Weeks)
- Basic fashion make-up techniques
- Contemporary stylised period make-up and hair techniques
- Make-up for upcoming seasons and latest fashion trends
- Session styling for hair
- Afro and Multitextured hair styling
- Smokey eyes: working with different shapes and colours
- Red carpet and celebrity make-up
- Glamour make-up for photographic, editorial and catwalk
- Working with different materials and creating different effects ie, feathers and gold leaf
- Matte, gloss and wet make-up
- Personal fashion portfolio development
Module E – Hair Knotting (1 Week)
Learning how to knot a moustache, dressing and application of facial hair
Module F – Basic Hair Dressing and Barbering (2 Weeks)
- Product, tools and equipment knowledge
- Terminology, geometry, methodology
- Basic cutting skills for ladies
- Basic barbering using thinning scissors, clippers and trimmers
- Blow-drying and finishing techniques
Module G – Bridal Makeup and Hair (2 Weeks)
Classic and contemporary bridal make-up and hair techniques
- Learn classic and contemporary bridal make-up and hair techniques
- Consultation techniques for the bride, bridesmaids, and party to ensure a successful wedding day
- Learn safety in the application of makeup for the bride and bride’s maids.
- Learn how to promote yourself to get wedding bookings
- Learn business essentials including pricing.
2 Year Makeup & Hair Course BTEC Level 3
(Optional HNC + ITEC Qualifications)
Level 2 VTCT Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing and Men’s Barbering Fast Track Full Time (32 weeks)
HND Level 5 Diploma: Performing Arts- Make-up
7 Month Makeup & Hair Course (ITEC Level 3 Diploma)
6 Month ITEC Makeup & Hair Course for International Students Only